- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 6 Reasons You Should be Eating More Goji Berries
4. Eye Health
Zeaxanthin, a compound related to vitamin A that is well-known for protecting the retina of the eye, is found in high amounts in goji berries. In fact, these berries are the richest source of zeaxanthin on the planet. Goji berries can prevent macular degeneration, degeneration of the retina, and protect the body from free radicals, which destroy cells within the body and play an important role in many chronic diseases.
5. Encourages Muscle Growth
Goji berries have all 18 amino acids, including the 8 essential amino acids that the body cannot make itself. For meeting your daily protein requirements, you can’t beat goji berries!
6. Naturally Vitamin Rich
With more vitamin C than an orange, and more iron than a T-bone steak, more beta-carotene than a carrot, goji berries are a super source of vitamins packed into one tiny package! They are also a great way to get your B vitamins, such as thiamin, niacin, and riboflavin, along with a good dose of vitamin E. Read more about Vitamin B deficiency.
No matter how you eat them, goji berries are good for your body. Start adding raw, organic goji berries to your diet today and your body will thank you tomorrow. And the day after.
(By the way, if you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to the Naturalon’s free newsletter; get breaking news alerts on GMO’s, fluoride, superfoods, natural cures and more… You privacy is protected. Unsubscribe at any time.)