- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top List Of Liver-Friendly Foods!
5. Oranges, grapefruits, and lemons
Citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits, and lemons are beneficial for the liver as well. It is common knowledge that these fruits contain large amounts of vitamin C, which helps fight off disease. The liver stores vitamins in order to boost the immune system, so consuming these fruits gives your liver more of what it needs to function properly. Citrus fruits (and the juices derived from them) also help clear out toxins that build up in the liver.
6. Foods rich in omega -3 fats
Foods rich in omega -3 fats are quite beneficial to the liver. Good sources of these healthy natural fatty acids include extra virgin olive oil, walnuts, and fatty fish. Walnuts are also a good way to get arginine, an amino acid that helps the liver function better.
Asparagus is another beneficial veggie for improving overall liver function. Asparagus has diuretic qualities that help flush out toxins from your system and allow the liver and the kidneys to work better.
READ ALSO: Top 12 Herbs for Optimal Liver Function
As you can see from this list, having a healthy liver coincides with eating an overall healthy diet. Follow these steps to keep this essential organ in good working order.