- Learn How You Can Make All-Natural Shower Gel Video
- Weird Dehydration Warning Signs You Shouldn’t Ignore Video
- Do Calcium Supplements Really Work For Treating Osteoporosis? Video
- 4 Potato Salad Recipes You Haven’t Tried Before Video
- If You’re Stressed, Rosemary Can Help
- Study Suggests That Eating Fish Can Reduce Cardiac Death
- You Won’t Believe This Creamy Pasta Recipe Is Vegan & Gluten Free Video
Top Luxurious Ways to Boost Your Magnesium Levels
Magnesium is an absolutely essential mineral for your body. You need magnesium for a minimum of 300 biochemical reactions for your body to function properly. You need magnesium for energy production, the formation of healthy bones and teeth, detoxification, the transmission of nerve impulses (so you can move your muscles), and for maintaining a proper body temperature, just to name a few. Without sufficient levels of magnesium you can develop insomnia, headaches, kidney stones, constipation, poor memory, infertility, lethargy, heart attacks, and gallstones.
Magnesium deficiency is a big problem in the US. Most of us don’t eat enough magnesium rich foods and we live lifestyles that deplete the magnesium from our bodies through lack of sleep, excessive alcohol and caffeine consumption, and chronic stress. On top of that, even eating a healthy diet doesn’t help, as our farming soils have been seriously depleted of this natural mineral due to over farming and pesticide use. Find out signs of magnesium deficiency.
Although sea water is a terrific source of magnesium, unless you live close enough to take frequent dips in the sea, that magnesium-rich water won’t do you much good.
Magnesium is difficult to obtain from our food and even supplements don’t help much. Our bodies have a hard time absorbing magnesium. But there are other ways to get magnesium. In fact, there are luxuriously rich ways to get the magnesium your body needs. How? By making your own magnesium rich oils, body butters, and bath salts. This is an easy and delightful way to get your magnesium while you pamper yourself at the same time.
Keep reading for the top lavish ways you can give your magnesium levels a big boost.
1. Make Your Own Magnesium Lotion
This is a great way to get your magnesium on- make your own lotion! It’s easy to make and easy for your body to absorb. This will feel a bit oiler than some of the commercial lotions you are used to, but rest assured it’s doing its job at getting your body back to its normal magnesium levels.
- 1 heaping cup of magnesium chloride flakes (don’t use Epsom salt)
- 10 ounces of water
- 2 cups grape seed oil or coconut oil (you can also use 1 cup of each of you like)
- 6 tablespoons of beeswax pastilles or grated beeswax
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil (omit this if you ae pregnant)
- Bring the water to a low boil. Remove from heat and add the magnesium flakes. Stir until the flakes are completely dissolved.
- Using a double boiler, add the beeswax and coconut oil over medium heat until both are melted and well mixed. Remove from heat.
- Pour the wax and magnesium water into a deep but narrow container. Using one of those small immersion mixers put it in the magnesium mixture and turn it on. Move the mixer up and down in the liquid very slowly until everything is well blended.
- Allow to cool for 2 or 3 hours, and then mix one more time. Add the rosemary oil now.
- Pour about one ounce of the lotion into a lotion dispenser and put the remainder in the fridge. Refill your container as needed.
- Use about 1 teaspoon of this cream each day. Many people enjoy putting this lotion on their feet at night.