- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
- Do You Have Gluten Sensitivity? 10 Common Symptoms
Trying to Get Healthy? 12 Top Detrimental Habits You Need to Stop Today!
Almost everyone, no matter how healthy we eat, no matter how much exercise we get, has at least one (admit it, you probably have more than one) bad habit that can range from simply being annoying to being downright dangerous when it comes to our health.
If you are truly committed to living a healthy lifestyle, then you really should take a hard look at yourself and decide if these habits are worth more to you than living longer, feeling great, looking great, and living a disease free life.
Keep reading and see if you are guilty of any of the following destructive and detrimental habits that you should stop today!
1. Skipping Meals in Exchange for Goodies
You know this one all too well. You know you are going to a party after work, or you are going to friends barbeque on Sunday afternoon, or maybe it’s you are just going out for drinks with some friends, however, you know all of those things mean extra calories. So you figure that if you skip lunch and dinner, you can eat all you want at the barbeque, or have 3 or 4 drinks (with some of those appetizers!) and the calories will all work out about the same, right?
Well, this really isn’t a good plan, and it’s not even really about calories. Exchanging a healthy lunchtime salad for 3 apple martinis shortchanges your body of much needed nutrients. Also, for most people, skipping meals is a sure way to eat way more than you planned, and usually not very healthy food at that. You would be better off sticking to your regular meals and then chances are you will much less likely to over-indulge. Limit what you eat at the party and then work it off over the next few days.