- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Turmeric Promotes All-Round Health
Curcumin is well known for its potent pain-reducing properties and is an excellent way to manage arthritic and joint pain. Traditional arthritic drugs are full of harmful side effects which may damage the digestive system. Curcumin has no such gastric side effects, but because of its anti-microbial properties, has been found to actually protect the digestive tract from bacterial infections.
Curcumin is an anti-coagulant which helps to prevent the formation of dangerous blood clots in the veins. These clots can cause serious damage and even death if they move to the heart or the brain. The anti-platelet activity helps maintain anti-coagulation, and keeps thrombosis at bay.
Laboratory studies have indicated that curcumin may have anti-cancer properties. It seems to target and kill cancer cells and prevent more from growing. It appears to have the best effects on breast, bowel, and stomach cancers.
Cancer research has revealed that some cancers are becoming resistant to cancer therapy and chemo treatments. Studies have shown that curcumin may increase the sensitivity of various cancer cells to chemo agents, as well as boost their anti-cancer effects. This includes radiation treatments. Turmeric and curcumin have proved to be potent, natural anti-cancer agents, and work together to help prevent and treat cancer.
Continue to Page 3