- Having Panic Attacks? Here Are The Best Essential Oils That Can Help Video
- 7 Natural Drinks You Can Make For Better Sleep Infographic
- Top 7 Alkaline Foods For Warding Off Diseases Infographic
- 7 Unexpected Health Benefits Of Activated Charcoal Infographic
- Healthy Cookies: 3 Delicious Ways Video
- Sunflower Seeds And Their Amazing Benefits Infographic
- Waking Up Early Is Easy With These 10 Effortless Tricks Infographic
Understanding Addiction: How Does It Happen? Infographic
The word “addiction” comes from a Latin phrase meaning “enslaved by.” And if you’ve had any experience with overcoming this condition, you probably understand very well why it was named in such a manner.
In general terms, addiction involves the loss of control over using or consuming, immense craving and indulging in something in spite of harmful consequences.
There are many types of addictive substances, including alcohol and more powerful drugs. However, recent brain studies show that various activities, such as shopping and gambling, can have the same effect.
Learn more about addiction in the infographic below.
Click on image to enlarge