- 5 Natural Moisturizers You Can Use Instead Of Store-Bought Synthetics Video
- The Brain – How Can We Ensure Successful Aging?
- DIY Easy Warming Oil For Stiff Or Sore Joints And Muscles (Better Than Tiger Balm)
- Top 10 Reasons to Drink Lemon and Warm Water
- 4 Harmful Skin Care Ingredients Infographic
- How Constant Distraction Is Harming Your Ability To Retain Information
- This One Spice Stops Heart Attacks, Restores Gut Bacteria, And Kills Cancer Cells!
Understanding Addiction: How Does It Happen? Infographic
The word “addiction” comes from a Latin phrase meaning “enslaved by.” And if you’ve had any experience with overcoming this condition, you probably understand very well why it was named in such a manner.
In general terms, addiction involves the loss of control over using or consuming, immense craving and indulging in something in spite of harmful consequences.
There are many types of addictive substances, including alcohol and more powerful drugs. However, recent brain studies show that various activities, such as shopping and gambling, can have the same effect.
Learn more about addiction in the infographic below.
Click on image to enlarge