- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
A Variety of Surprising Chicory Health Benefits!
3. Heart Disease
Chicory is rich in plant phenols that help to lower LDL, or bad cholesterol, which increases the risk of blocked arteries. Plant phenols have strong antioxidant compounds that counter against the free radicals, which are known to rampage in the body and cause harm to all the organs, and arteries. The cardiovascular system is no exception. A clinical study also revealed that the phenols in chicory have the potential to reduce body inflammation and help to prevent blood clots from forming in veins and arteries, which can lead to heart attacks.
4. Arthritis and Joint Pain
Over time, chicory has traditionally been used to treat joint pain, muscular aches and soreness, and manage debilitating arthritic pain. Because inflammation is the root cause of many diseases, the plant phenol properties in chicory may fend off body inflammation problems before they even start.
Continue to Page 3