- Want To Stop Snoring? Here’s What Really Works!
- How To Kill The Parasites You Almost Certainly Have (No Matter How Clean You Are!)
- This Natural Diet Is The Credit To Health And Longevity Of Many Japanese People
- The Amazing Health Benefits Of Hugging!
- 7 Surprising Health Benefits Of Love
- Not Only Genetics Assure Fast Metabolism, But These 7 Things As Well
- 10 Tips To Stop Consuming Fluoride, Even If It’s Not In Your Water
A Variety of Surprising Chicory Health Benefits!
Chicory is a perennial, herbaceous plant with many outstanding health benefits. There are plenty of varieties of chicory — some are grown for the root, and some for the leaves. It originates in Europe, but it is now widely grown in both North and South America. This plant is best known for being a decaf option for coffee, and it is often used as an additive in coffee, but there is so much more it can do!
Lesser known are the abundant health benefits which include treatments for conditions like loss of appetite, upset stomach and rapid heartbeat, just to name but a few. Here is a more detailed list, so include chicory on your shopping list right away!
Adding chicory to the diet is a wonderful way to aid digestion. It is rich in inulin — a substance which is high in soluble fiber and low in calories. Inulin is known as a powerful probiotic that reduces the body’s acidity and promotes the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut.
2. Weight Loss
The high concentration of inulin also gives you a feeling of fullness and acts as an appetite suppressant. There is no danger of blood sugar levels being raised, and inulin contains no calories. Research is ongoing about the possible inclusion of inulin in weight loss programs.
Continue to Page 2