- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
This Vitamin Might Be Way More Important Than You Think Infographic
Vitamin D is called “the sunshine vitamin” because it’s mostly made in our skin as a response to being exposed to sunlight. But this fat-soluble vitamin can also be attained through the diet. Vitamin D is essential for the absorption of calcium, as well as many other functions throughout the body, including our immune system. It plays an important role in the prevention of a wide range of diseases and is can affect around 2,000 genes in the human body.
But despite its undeniable importance, vitamin D remains one of the most overlooked vitamins in the game.
Click on image to enlarge