- An In-Depth Look At The Benefits Of Veganism Infographic
- Fruit And Aloe Vera Smoothie Elixir
- The Connection Between Your Height And Blood Clots In Veins
- Simple And Effective Trick To Stop Common Cold In Its Tracks Video
- Nutritional Yeast: The Ultimate Health-Booster Infographic
- San Diego Outbreak: The Reason Hepatitis A Spread
- What Does Walking Say About Heart Disease Incidence?
This Vitamin Might Be Way More Important Than You Think Infographic
Vitamin D is called “the sunshine vitamin” because it’s mostly made in our skin as a response to being exposed to sunlight. But this fat-soluble vitamin can also be attained through the diet. Vitamin D is essential for the absorption of calcium, as well as many other functions throughout the body, including our immune system. It plays an important role in the prevention of a wide range of diseases and is can affect around 2,000 genes in the human body.
But despite its undeniable importance, vitamin D remains one of the most overlooked vitamins in the game.
Click on image to enlarge