- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
How To Wake Up Without Coffee
Some healthy alternatives to coffee
A few cups of coffee each day won’t do any harm, but if you are running to four or five cups, you may want to cut down on your caffeine intake. Fortunately, there are healthy alternatives to coffee that can give you a boost and keep you awake during the day.
Here are some of them!
- Teeccino is a caffeine-free herbal coffee that actually tastes like coffee. It is a blend of various herbs, spices, grains, and nuts designed to give you a lift when you need it. Teeccino also comes in various coffee flavors such as Java and Mocha.
- Green tea has a small amount of caffeine, around 40mg per cup, which is excellent for those who want get off caffeine gradually. It is also rich in antioxidants, which are great for the health.
- The body needs a lot of water to run efficiently. Adding a slice of lemon to your glass of water will refresh you, and it will get your metabolism busy converting fat into energy to give you a kick start.
- Chaga mushroom powder is another favorite caffeine-free coffee substitute that has a definite coffee taste. Rich in antioxidants, some folks also maintain that it seems to clear the mind of negative thoughts!
- Wheat grass juice is loaded with nutrients, essential vitamins, and minerals. It is not all that tasty, but it is regarded as one of the most nourishing juices available. Rapidly absorbed by the body, wheat grass juice is known as a natural energy supplement. You can mix it with other juices for taste.
- Ginseng tea is made from the dried root of the plant. The herbal drink stimulates alertness and concentration, and banishes fatigue at any time of the day. If you find the taste of the tea a little bitter, try sweetening it with honey. Compounds in honey are also known to boost energy.
- Adding flaxseeds or flaxseed oil to a morning shake or smoothie will have you up and shaking off the morning blues in no time. You can also blend flaxseeds with yogurt, milk, and any kind of fruit, or just add some crunchy seeds to a smoothie. Flaxseed is a great source of antioxidants, B1, and manganese, all of which are energy boosters.
- By far the most popular alternative for coffee is the beverage made from dried chicory root. Chicory is caffeine-free, and the taste is almost identical to that of coffee. In addition, chicory is loaded with nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, and it is a coffee alternative without equal.
If your day begins to stretch unendingly before you, and you feel your energy slipping away, instead of drinking coffee, try one of these alternatives for a lasting energy boost.
Continue to Page 3