- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Want To Stop Snoring? Here’s What Really Works!
Why does this show up on every list?! Garlic reduces mucus buildup, which can give you some serious relief if you suffer from congestion at night. Garlic is also a natural anti-inflammatory agent. Try chewing on one or two raw cloves of organic garlic for a minute or two, then drink a glass of water. Do this once each day, just before you hit the hay.
When nasal congestion is the reason for snoring, one of the best ways to reduce it is steam. Boil some water on the stove, then add three or four drops of tea tree or eucalyptus oil into the water. Cover your head with a towel and breathe in the steam through your nose for at least five full minutes. Be careful not to burn your face on the steam!
Ghee, or clarified butter, has pretty powerful medicinal compounds that can easily open up nasal passages, which can help you to sleep better. Warm a small amount of ghee in your microwave. Using a dropper, put two drops of warm ghee inside each nostril. This sounds strange, but what’s even more strange is that it really works! Do this each night before bedtime.
If you snore only during allergy season, this is most likely due to congestion and inflamed nasal passages. Nettle not only has anti-inflammatory compounds, but it also has antihistamine compounds that will have you breathing easier at night. Drink one cup off nettle tea each night about 30 minutes before bed. If you can, drink two or three cups during the day as well.
Many people are unaware that cardamom is both an expectorant and a decongestant, which makes it perfect for opening up the nasal passages. When you can breathe better, you will snore less. Add one half teaspoon of cardamom powder to one glass of warm water. Drink this each night about 30 minutes before bed. Repeat this each night. This method takes a few days to work but it does gradually reduce snoring.
Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antibiotic agent that can really help those who suffer from heavy snoring. Turmeric needs to be consumed with milk to help treat snoring. Add two teaspoons of curcumin or turmeric powder to one glass of warm, whole milk. Drink once each day about 30 to 45 minutes before going to bed.
READ ALSO: Top Ways to Stop Snoring Naturally; No Machines, No Surgery, No Drugs
- Losing weight can help to reduce snoring
- Sleep on your side, rather than on your back
- Raise the head of the bed up by 4 to 6 inches to prevent the tissues inside the throat from falling into and blocking the airways
- Stop smoking
- Avoid alcoholic drinks at least two hours before bedtime or abstain altogether
- Trying singing each day to improve the muscle control of the upper throat and soft palate
- Sleep with a humidifier