- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
We Have 20 Non-Toxic Ways to Get Rid of Houseflies! Say “Bye Bye” Flies!
5. Fly Swatter
It’s a cheap, old fashioned method that is undeniably effective. It can be kind of gross squashing flies, but if it works, what can you say?
Boil some cinnamon sticks in a pot on your stove, or put cinnamon essential oil in your wax or potpourri burners to discourage flies from hanging around. Flies hate the smell of cinnamon, but it will make your house smell like you have been cooking something delicious all day! Find out cinnamon benefits for your health.
Cloves are another scent that flies hate but we love! Here is a pretty way to deter flies, and make your house smell nice at the same time.
Cut a lemon in half and place each half on a plate, cut side down. Poke about 12 cloves into each lemon half. Put a plate in every room of your house where the flies like to congregate. You might even want to think about putting a plate on a small table right outside the front door so flies don’t come inside the house when you do.
Basil is a natural insect repellent that is remarkably effective. You can put a few basil plants near your front door, plant some in your garden, or hang some fresh basil in areas where flies like to hang out to discourage them from staying.
Continue to Page 3