- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
What Sets The Mediterranean Diet Apart From The Rest?
3. Even though the health benefits are important, you can still lose weight on this plan
When you follow the Mediterranean Diet along with 30 minutes of exercise each day, you can not only lose weight but keep it off for good. Whenever a diet plan eliminates a food group, the dieter feels deprived and sooner or later returns to their former bad habits. Those who follow this diet feel so good, have more energy, and are still able to enjoy their favorite foods along with a glass of wine. So they do not feel like they are missing out on anything.
4. It is not a fad diet
Most trendy diets start out as a top-selling book that the weight loss community embraces with a zealousness that results in extraordinary success stories. The Mediterranean Diet has been fashioned after the way residents in Spain, Greece, Italy, and other Mediterranean areas eat on a regular basis and have for years.
5. You can have bread, fats, and even wine on this food plan
While eliminating junk food and processed products is a big requirement, you are allowed to have whole wheat bread and pasta, olive oil as the fat of choice, and one or two glasses of wine each night is allowed. Honey is used in place of sugar and sugar substitutes. Fruit is the primary form of dessert.
Continue to Page 3