- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Why We Crave This One Thing When We Feel Stressed Out
Eat Right to Really Control Stress
Many people turn to comfort foods, such as mac and cheese or pizza when they are stressed out, but the truth is that these are some of the worst choices you could make. These kinds of high fat, high sugar foods make you feel lethargic and less able to deal with stress than before.
Let’s take a look at the best foods you can eat when you feel stressed out:
- Sweet potatoes
- Stir-fried vegetables and rice
- Citrus fruits
- Minestrone soup
- Acorn squash
- Leafy green vegetables
The foods you should avoid when are stressed are basically what you think they are:
- Caffeinated drinks
- Hamburgers or other fatty meats
- Cheese and cheese dishes
- Sugar and sugary treats such as ice cream
- Fast food or junk foods such as potato chips or French Fries
READ ALSO: 12 Incredible Foods To Fight Stress (Gotta Love #10!)
Don’t allow sugar to control your life. Eating sugar to cope with stressful situations will soon trigger the habitual overconsumption of sugar, leading to weight gain and numerous health problems.
Try yoga or mediation rather than food to help deal with stressful situations.