- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Why You Must Stop Drinking Diet Sodas TODAY! (And How To Do It!)
Perhaps you are a diet soda addict. Don’t be ashamed to admit it. These things are addicting and the manufacturers know it. How else do they keep you coming back for more, even when you know it’s not good for you?
If you want to give up diet sodas, take those baby steps. Make a plan and do your best to stick to it. If you fall back and have a diet soda with lunch, get right back on the bandwagon the next day.
These are some helpful tips to help break the diet soda habit:
- Remove all temptation: Like almost anything in life, if it’s right in front of you, chances are good you will succumb to temptation if the circumstances are right. Remove all diet soda from your home; tell your friends that you are no longer drinking it and ask them to not offer it to you; remove it from your workplace (if you can) and anywhere else you would normally have easy access to diet soda.
- Go healthy – Be certain that you always have access to healthy alternatives. Try coffee, tea (green tea is divine!), herbal tea, water, ice water, water with lemon, water with fresh fruit, cucumber-infused water, sparkling water, you name it. Anything that is natural is a good alternative! Keep a cooler in your car with a variety of options so you always have something healthy to drink, no matter where you go!
- Change your thought pattern – Instead of thinking, “I really want a Diet Pepsi but I can’t have one,” try thinking, “I care about my health so I am choosing to drink X.” Believe it or not, these kinds of thoughts really work.
READ ALSO: Top 10 Reasons You Must Avoid Diet Sodas
The dangers of diet sodas are very real. Yes, they are low in calories, but they’re high in serious health problems. If you truly want to live a longer, healthier life, trade diet sodas for healthier alternatives. You won’t regret it.