- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Why You Should Be Eating More Hemp Seeds Every Single Day!
2. Super Nutritious
Although we call them seeds, they are actually nuts. Hemp seeds have a slightly nutty flavor that most people find addicting. Hemp seeds are about 30 percent fat and are rich in both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, as well as gamma-linolenic acid, which has tons of health benefits. If you are interested in protein, then hemp seeds are an excellent choice, because more than a 1/4 of their total calorie count comes from high quality protein. That is far more than flax seeds or chia seeds with a mere 16 to 18 percent protein! Hemp seeds also contain calcium, iron, zinc, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
3. Reduce the Symptoms of Menopause and PMS
As much as 80 percent of women suffer from some type of PMS or menopause problems. Most PMS symptoms are due to a sensitivity to the hormone prolactin. The gamma linolenic acid found in hemp seeds reduces the effects of prolactin, which can help to decrease PMS symptoms. The GLA in hemp seeds have indicated that hemp seeds can also reduce the symptoms of menopause such as irritability, breast pain, and depression. Although scientists don’t completely understand how GLA works for menopause, but numerous studies and testimonials show that it is effective in reducing symptoms.
4. Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
The biggest killer in the world is heart disease. The good news is that hemp seeds reduce the risk of heart disease through an amino acid called arginine. Arginine produces nitric oxide, which causes blood vessels to relax and dilate. This leads to lower blood pressure and a reduced risk of heart disease. One study found that those who consumed hemp seeds or hemp seed oil had lower blood pressure levels and a lower risk of blood clot formation.
Continue to Page 3