- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Wired, Stressed Out, and Tired? 15 Natural Ways to Reduce Stress
You might think of this essential fatty acid as brain food, but it also supports healthy mood function in adults. Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to be very effective for the relief of depression and bipolar disorder; omega-3s can go a long way towards reducing feelings of anxiety and stress. Ohio State University College of Medicine found in a study that 68 subjects who consumed omega-3 supplements for a 3 month period had reduced levels of anxiety. You need to take about 2,500mgs to get the benefits of this super healthy essential fatty acid, but it is so worth it!
You can find this product in almost any supermarket in the form of soap, face washes, and shampoo. Jojoba has a calming effect on the body, so when you bathe with jojoba soap, you will soothe the body, which will calm the mind. Jojoba is also sold as an after bath moisturizer or as body lotions. Jojoba oil is terrific massage oil and you can also add a few drops to your bath water and soak away the stress.
This is the amino acid that is found in tea. Well-studied for its ability to reduce mental and physical stress as well as increase feelings of calm and well-being, theanine works amazingly well. You need about 200mg of this supplement daily to help generate alpha brain waves, which will give you those calm, peaceful feelings.
Continue to Page 3