- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Wired, Stressed Out, and Tired? 15 Natural Ways to Reduce Stress
Passionflower has long been used for its amazing ability to calm the body and mind. You will find many herbal teas intended to promote sleep contain passionflower. This herb reduces feelings of anxiety and stop insomnia in its tracks just as effectively as prescription drugs but without the side effects or morning grogginess.
8. Ginkgo Biloba
This ancient extract from the Chinese Ginkgo tree work as an antioxidant as well as a powerful sedative. Ginkgo leaves contain terpenoids and flavonoid glycosides that relives feelings of anxiety and stress. You can purchase this herb at any health food store but be careful about purchasing cheap imports from China as these can contain little or no ginkgo leaves and might contain toxic or questionable substances.
9. Bergamot Essential Oil
This is an essential oil which is extracted from the peel of bergamot oranges. For those looking to relieve stress via aromatherapy, you can’t go wrong with this essential oil. Bergamot decreases levels of the stress hormone corticosterone. You can use it in a diffuser, in the bath, or simply inhale a few drops placed on a clean cloth. You can also use this as a massage oil when you mix a few drops in a good quality carrier oil such as jojoba oil, olive oil, or sweet almond oil.
Continue to Page 4