- The Absolute Best People Food That You Can Share With Your Pooch
- 15 Super Foods For Women Who Want To Be Smarter, Leaner, And Stronger
- The Amazing, Edible Weed That Is Packed With Nutrition
- 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Avoid This One Type Of Food At All Costs!
- 12 Superior Herbs And Spices To Fight The Battle Of The Bulge
- 15 Reasons To Eat More Of This Delicious Tropical Fruit, And Don’t Forget The Seeds!
- The Morning Drink that will Give You a Healthy Liver
You Will Never Look at This Fruit the Same Way Again
Oh those lovely yellow, perfectly packed little bundles of sweetness. What would we do without bananas? They have so much to offer us than an easy to take along treat. Take a look at the top 10 things that you never knew about bananas.
1. Prevent ulcers
Bananas are a great way to fight digestive problems due to their soft texture and several compounds they can be very soothing to the stomach. They create a thick protective barrier in the stomach that helps to protect it from stomach acid. Bananas also neutralize acid in the stomach. These might be the only fruit that can be eaten without causing those with ulcers more pain.
2. Prevent morning sickness
Eating bananas between meals can help to keep blood sugar levels stable and help to prevent morning sickness.
3. Beat depression
A recent survey taken by MIND showed that people who described themselves as suffering from depression stated that they felt considerably better after eating a banana. Bananas contain tryptophan, a substance that your body changes into serotonin, which helps you to relax and feel sleepy, the same stuff that’s in turkey, which makes us feel so content and happy after Thanksgiving dinner.
4. Helps with PMS symptoms
Forget about those pills or being moody all day; just eat a couple bananas during the day. Bananas are a rich source of vitamin B6, which regulates blood sugar levels which are often the root cause of PMS. Read about more remedies to kick PMS naturally.
5. Fights anemia
Because they are also high in iron, bananas encourage your body to produce more hemoglobin in your blood, which can fight anemia.
Continue to Page 2