- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
You Will Never Look at This Fruit the Same Way Again
6. Stabilizes blood pressure
These bright yellow fruits are high in potassium while being low in salt, which is exactly what you need to help fight high blood pressure. In fact, bananas work so well that the US Food and Drug Administration now allows banana companies to officially state that eating bananas will lower your risk of high blood pressure and prevent possible strokes.
7. Boosts brain power
England’s Twickenham School conducted studies on 200 students by asking them to eat a banana 3 times per day. All students did performed better on their exams than those who did not eat bananas. Research shows that the potassium in bananas can help you learn easier by making you more alert and able to concentrate better.
8. Helps with hangover symptoms
One of the best ways to cut a hangover short is to make a banana smoothie with a bit of raw honey. The banana will soothe your stomach and, with a little help from the honey, it will restore your depleted blood sugar levels and help you to start feeling better much quicker.
9. Relieves indigestion and heartburn
Bananas have a great anti-acid affect, so when you are having a bout of heartburn or indigestion, don’t reach for those over the counter chemicals, eat a banana or two for soothing quick relief.
10. Skin and hair remedy
The skin of a banana can be used to help those with skin issues such as acne or psoriasis. Blend the skin of the banana with a carrier oil, such as coconut oil, and apply this mask to your skin, it can help relieve the dryness and itch almost immediately. This same mixture works great as a hair conditioner also. Apply it to your hair after washing, let it soak in for a few minutes, and then rinse for beautiful, lustrous locks.