- Handy Instructions For Storing Your Groceries Infographic
- Top 20 Healthy Foods You Should Be Eating Every Single Day
- The Simplest Ways To Get Rid Of The Common Cold Fast!
- Vitamin C And Its 10 Unique Benefits For Your Skin Infographic
- 7-Minute Yoga Practice For Stress Relief Video
- Please, Don’t Pass The Sugar: The Best Healthy Alternatives Infographic
- The Unbelievable Benefits Of Orange Essential Oil Video
12 Natural Ways To Stop Constipation In Infants (#5 Is Super Easy!)
Constipation is a pain in the … abdomen for anyone who has had it. Imagine now, if you will, an infant with constipation. This is not only a difficult problem to treat, but it is heartbreaking for parents. You can feel pretty helpless to do very much in the way of helping your child, but the truth is, there are plenty of things you can do!
When an infant suffers from constipation, it is generally due to the introduction of solid foods, the formula you are using, dehydration, or a lack of activity.
On rare occasions, constipation is due to a medical condition, such as hypothyroidism or botulism, sometimes even food allergies, but this is unusual.
If your baby has frequent problems with constipation, speak with your pediatrician. If your baby has only occasional or mild constipation, there are some terrific, completely natural ways that you can help your baby get relief.
Keep reading and discover 12 of the best ways to keep your baby from being, well, full of it!
1. Karo Syrup
Although no one likes to think of giving their baby sugary sweet corn syrup, this concentrated solution of sugars that comes from corn starch is an age-old remedy that works remarkably well. For infants less than six months of age, use Karo Lite syrup. Add one teaspoon of this corn syrup to four ounces of cooled, boiled water. Mix well and offer one ounce of this solution to your baby from a bottle. Do this just before you feed your baby his regular formula twice each day. Repeat until his stools are soft, and then stop giving your baby the corn syrup.
Continue to Page 2