- Can Omega-3 Fats Really Speed Up Recovery After A Heart Attack?
- Everything You Need To Know About The 3-Day Juice Cleanse Video
- Use This Easy Recipe To Make Oil-Free Vegan Mayonnaise Video
- 5 Easy Ways To Ditch That Cold FAST!
- 12 Of The Top Ingredients In Food Today That Cause Dementia And Alzheimer’s
- Upgrade Your Snack Game To Get More Fiber And Protein Infographic
- 5 Amazing Fully Raw Salad Dressings For Any Occasion Video
6 Easy Ways to Avoid Eating GMO’s
The American people’s awareness of GMO’s (genetically modified organisms) in their food is becoming more and more apparent every day. More and more people are asking the important question, “If there are no labeling requirements, how can I know if the food I am buying contains GMO’s”. In order to help you determine, and avoid, GMO’s here are the 6 top ways you can keep GMO’s out of your kitchen and out of your body as well.
1. Avoid the Number 8
Check your fruits and vegetables carefully. If the PLU code on your produce begins with the number 8, then don’t buy it. Look for those with a 5 digit number beginning with the number of 9, which indicates that it’s organic.
Produce that has only a 4 digit number are conventional, which means they aren’t necessarily GMO, but they are subjected to toxic chemicals and pesticides.
In short, the produce you must avoid will have a 5 digit number that begins with the number 8. All these items are GMO. Read more how to avoid GMO foods in a grocery store.