- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Benefits Of Eating Black Raspberries
You are aware of raspberries and you know about blackberries, but have you heard about black raspberries? This fruit that looks more like raspberries, only darker in color, is being hailed as “the king of berries.” You can pick up these berries while they are in season usually around the first three weeks in July. Off season choose from freeze-dried or black raspberry jam.
A study in June 2002 confirmed that black raspberries have even more powerful antioxidant properties than the red raspberries. This information was published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry journal.
In March 2011, the results of a study involving black raspberries that had been freeze-dried were successful in creating a drop in cytokines when dealing with ulcerative colitis. After seven days, the results proved that it would help to prevent the development of colon cancer as well as eliminate the chance of damaging the colon lining.
3. Weight loss
If you are trying to lose weight, you may want to check out the nutritional values of black raspberries. They have only 60 calories in a cup, they have two grams of protein, and are high in fiber. When you eat foods that are rich in fiber they will keep you fuller for longer. They are just about fat free and have no cholesterol. They will increase your energy levels which in turn will raise your metabolism. This will help you burn off the foods that you are eating so they don’t get stored as fat.
Continue to Page 2