- 15 Reasons To Eat More Guavas (We Didn’t Know The Leaves Were So Healing!)
- 15 Super Foods That Naturally Lower Cholesterol (Can’t Get Enough Of #14!)
- 15 Of The Most Common Nutrient Deficiencies Most Americans Have
- This One Spice Will Turn Your Bath Into A Super Detox Experience
- 12 Toxic Compounds Hiding In This One Thing You Use Every Single Day
- The Absolute Best People Food That You Can Share With Your Pooch
- 15 Super Foods For Women Who Want To Be Smarter, Leaner, And Stronger
10 Everyday Foods That Can Kill You
Ok, so you know that eating certain foods that contain toxic chemicals can cause various chronic diseases as well as cancer, which could kill you over time, but did you know that certain very common foods could kill you in a matter of minutes?
It’s true! We don’t generally think about this, or even know about this, because we eat small amounts, but you really should know what is these foods are.
Take a look at the 10 common foods that have the potential to kill you very, very quickly.
Right about now you are giving your French fries or mashed potatoes a suspicious look, aren’t you? Well, don’t worry, they are probably safe. However, green versions of potatoes; contain a natural toxin called solanine. If you think that greenish color simply means your potato is just not quite ripe, think again. In this case, green does NOT mean go! Yes, the greenish tint on your potato is chlorophyll, but for potatoes, this also means that high concentrations of solanine are present in that French fry of the future. Solanine is a dangerous nerve toxin that is produced in any green part of the potato, that includes leaves, stems, and any green part of the potato. In fact, the leaves from potato plant are high in glycoalkaloids, another deadly poison, so do not ever eat the leaves, nor give them to animals.
Solanine develops in potatoes when they are exposed to sunlight, or extreme temperatures, either hot or cold. If you should eat the leaves or a green potato, it causes vomiting, headaches, and complete paralysis of the central nervous system. Find out also benefits of potatoes.