- 10 Super Relaxing and Cleansing Detox Bath Recipes (#5 is Luscious!)
- Top Tips On Maintaining Wellbeing Throughout The Winter
- Top Signs You Need To Do A Liver Detox (And Best Detox Foods List Included!)
- 10 Foods & 10 Ways You Can Efficiently Boost Your Metabolism
- 5 Natural Moisturizers You Can Use Instead Of Store-Bought Synthetics Video
- The Brain – How Can We Ensure Successful Aging?
- DIY Easy Warming Oil For Stiff Or Sore Joints And Muscles (Better Than Tiger Balm)
10 Health Benefits Of Sesame Seeds (Remember For Your Next Meal Plan!)
They are tiny seeds that you can find on hamburger buns, bagels, or sushi. They have been nicknamed the “queen of oil seeds.” They are brimming with vitamins and minerals. They are sesame seeds, and surprisingly, they have many health benefits you may not even be aware of.
While sesame seeds contain half their weight in fat they also come in at 5 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber. Even though they are brimming with vitamins they are also packed with calcium, copper, magnesium, and manganese. In addition to their nutritional makeup, sesame seeds consist of two special additions: sesamolin and sesamin. As part of a special category of fibers that are called lignans, these two substances have the power to lower cholesterol in humans and keep the liver from contracting oxidative damage.
Sesame seeds can be found in a variety of colors from white to black and today come from areas in Asia and the Middle East. Researchers have been conducting studies over the past decade to prove the health benefits that these nutty tasting seeds have to offer.
1. High blood pressure
Consuming sesame seeds regularly will help to lower your blood pressure levels because of the high amounts of magnesium that are in sesame seeds. One serving of sesame seeds contains close to 25% of your recommended daily requirements for magnesium.
2. Healthy skin
It is the high level of zinc that is in sesame seeds that are responsible for giving you a glowing complexion. Zinc is what helps in the production of collagen which is what creates a smooth complexion. It also gives the skin improved elasticity which helps to prevent wrinkles.
Continue to Page 2