- 5 Vital Tips To Buy The Best Asparagus
- What Your Grandma Never Taught You About Fruits And Vegetables Infographic
- Everything You Need To Know About Restless Legs Syndrome
- In Praise Of Tomatoes: Their Best Health Benefits Video
- What Is Essiac Tea And What Can It Do For Your Health? Infographic
- 62 Foods For Improving Your Digestive Health Infographic
- Asparagus: Fun Facts And Health Benefits Video
10 Sources Of Dairy-Free Calcium Infographic
The importance of calcium for the healthy functioning of the human body can hardly be overstated. It’s essential for sustaining the health of our bone structure and teeth, as well as our cells, nerves, and muscles. Calcium also helps prevent insulin resistance and regulate blood pressure.
The recommended daily calcium intake is about 1,000 mg. If you fail to include a sufficient amount of it in your diet, your body will inevitably extract calcium from your bone tissue, which can lead to disastrous results.
It’s a mainstream belief that diary is the only reliable source of calcium, but it’s not true. There are other nutritious alternatives that are completely dairy-free and vegan-friendly.
Click on image to enlarge