- 5 Vital Tips To Buy The Best Asparagus
- What Your Grandma Never Taught You About Fruits And Vegetables Infographic
- Everything You Need To Know About Restless Legs Syndrome
- In Praise Of Tomatoes: Their Best Health Benefits Video
- What Is Essiac Tea And What Can It Do For Your Health? Infographic
- 62 Foods For Improving Your Digestive Health Infographic
- Asparagus: Fun Facts And Health Benefits Video
10 Things Your Nurse Will Never Tell You
Some people have said that nurses are the best secret keepers ever. It’s been rumored for ages that they keep things all secret, and they hear everything between doctors, patients, and the patient’s family.
It might seem a bit strange at first, but when you think about it, it begins to make perfect sense. Everyone keeps secrets. (Some of us better than others!) But the truth is that there are some things you don’t need to know and maybe you don’t want to know. There are facts that you might not be able to handle, and some things that, well, nurses probably just wouldn’t tell you even if they had the chance.
On the other hand, the truth sets you free, so let’s talk about the top 10 secrets that your nurse has probably been keeping from you.
1. Giving You Medicine is a Pain in the Behind
Yes, giving out medication is something that nurses do, and some patients think that giving out pills or shots is about the only thing nurses do, but that’s not true. What is true is that giving medicine is a very time consuming and challenging chore. It’s not as if nurses can just go into a cabinet, grab a bottle of pills and just walk over to your bedside to give it to you. Your nurse needs to look at every medication that the doctor has ordered for you; make certain that she understands the dosing method; check for any possible side effects or interactions; possibly make a phone call to talk to your doctor if she has any questions or concerns; perhaps even run down to the pharmacy if your medication is not available. Giving you medication is not as easy as it seems, but your nurse will certainly make it seem that way!
Continue to Page 2