- How To Improve Concentration: 5 Most Efficient Advices
- Learn How To Use Coconut Oil For Weight Loss Infographic
- Best Essential Oils For Healing Bronchitis Naturally Infographic
- Is There A Correlation Between Creativity And Not Socializing?
- 3 Excellent ‘Because’ To Why Sprouted Grains Are Good For You
- 7 Healthy And Easy To Make Salads For Each Day Of Your Week Video
- The Science Of Alcohol Addiction
10 Ways Mercury is Toxic to the Body
There are many minerals and elements in nature that are useful, even essential, in helping the body to function properly, however, mercury isn’t one of them. Mercury is perhaps one of the most dangerous toxins here on earth and has absolutely zero value to the body. Mercury has serious degenerative side effects and is a well-known deadly toxin.
Ours bodies are extremely complex systems, composed of many interacting sub-systems. Our metabolic system involves many smaller components, or pathways. Mercury interrupts or interferes with these pathways, clutching onto essential nutrients and making our enzymes inactive. This causes severe problems as our body and brain rely on a type of metabolic consistency in order to function normally. Think of it this way; if all highways and major boulevards were shut down or broken down so that raw materials and products could not effectively reach factories and stores. Our entire way of life would be seriously interrupted and affected. This is mercury’s effect on our body.
There are several heavy metals that can shut down our bodies normal function; lead, arsenic, and titanium, to name a few. This is because they interrupt or hijack the body’s transulfuration pathways. Sulfur is present in every single protein on the planet, and this allows mercury to bind itself to it anywhere in the body. It would be like having the keys to every car in America; you would have free reign to hijack any car you please, at any time!
Mercury seriously damages our DNA much like cancer cells do. It creates an intracellular acidity by removing or reducing the oxygen within the cells of the human body. If you remember your high school biology or chemistry classes, oxygen uses sodium and calcium to move through the cell membranes. Mercury will hijack the transportation of calcium and sodium, depriving the cells of oxygen and raising the PH within the cell itself. A general acidification of our cells leads to premature aging and replication of the cell is disrupted through damage, perhaps even mutation of our genes, causing cell death and mutation of the cells, which we call cancer.
Common ways we become exposed to mercury:
You can come into contact with mercury in many different ways but the most common means of exposure are:
- Agricultural chemicals
- Dental fillings
- Unfiltered drinking water (read more about what’s in your water)
- Red tattoo dye
- Fluorescent tube lights ( these contain mercury vapor)
One of the most concerning things about mercury is just how frequently our bodies are exposed to it. Sushi and the popularity of seafood, and foods that have been chemically treated, even the huge trend regarding tattoos, has people putting mercury inside their bodies as well as outside.
And as if those facts were not enough, most children get as many as 26 vaccines, not including the flu vaccine, before their first birthday. Unfortunately, many people still get dental fillings, or have them in their mouths right now, which contain mercury, swallowing a trace amount of mercury with every bite.
Injecting children with even trace amounts of mercury when their immune system is not fully functional is a potentially dangerous practice.
The deadly toxic effects of mercury:
Mercury has numerous toxic consequences on the body, but here is the list of the top 10:
1. It makes new strains of bacteria and can create a resistance to antibiotics
2. It hinders the repair of our basic genetic material, our DNA
3. Mercury kills the good bacteria in our digestive system, preventing our bodies from absorbing vital nutrients
4. Changes the ability of our cells to allow certain materials through the cell membranes
5. Displaces as well as deactivate minerals that are vital to the body including zinc, magnesium, calcium, and chromium
6. Actually changes the three dimensional shape of molecules, thus producing non-working chemicals
7. Changes the natural activity of enzymes, which are necessary for every function in the body
8. Inhibits the transmission of impulses along the nerves from the brain to the rest of the body, producing numbness, shaking, tremors, and tingling sensations
9. Encourages the immune system to create an autoimmune response against the body
10. Interferes with the secretion of hormones and the function of the endocrine gland
There is also a long list of symptoms and diseases mercury produces, including:
- Reproductive issues
- Candida and Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Dementia, depression, ADHD, autism, and Parkinson’s disease
- Heart disease
Removing heavy metals from the body isn’t a quick or simple process, unfortunately. Generally, it requires time intensive, high-quality, and specific food and/or supplement choices in order to remove it effectively.
One trick we can use is to latch onto the very thing mercury is attracted to in order to eliminate it. Mercury has a sort of a love affair going on with something called thiols. These are organic compounds make from sulfur and hydrogen. Because mercury loves to attach itself to these compounds, we can use these substances to remove mercury from our bodies.
To remove mercury from the body, start with a fully comprehensive detox supplement that contains powerful chelating agents. When you do this, be sure to take a high-quality multi-mineral and multivitamin supplement as these chelating agents will remove some other vitamins and minerals in the process.
Another way to remove mercury is to take a zeolite supplement. Zeolite is what forms when molten lava pours into large bodies of water, such as the ocean or lakes. Zeolites capture mercury and then purge them from the body via bowel movements and/or urine.
You can also take a high-quality tincture of cilantro and high quantities of chlorella. You can purchase these things at most health food stores or online. Many will state that they are for effective mercury removal from the body.
Be sure to adopt a basic healthy eating lifestyle and avoid mercury as much as possible by limiting seafood, unnecessary vaccines, and metal dental fillings.