- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Ways This One Type Of Food Is Killing You Slowly (#10 is Spot On!)
2. High In Sugars
For great flavor, almost all processed foods are loaded with added sugars, especially the cheap and dangerous high fructose corn syrup. Sugar, when consumed in excess, is very harmful to the body. Sugar, especially white sugar, is nothing more than empty calories. It has no real nutritional value, other than some instant energy, but nothing else. Of course, sugar is high in calories, which means it often leads to obesity.
Eating a diet high in sugar often leads to high cholesterol levels, increased levels of fat in the liver and belly, as well as insulin resistance, which can lead to Type 2 diabetes. Of course, most people aren’t getting diabetes from a spoonful of sugar in their coffee. It’s the processed foods that contain tons of sugar. Don’t forget that processed foods also mean beverages, such as sodas. If you really want to improve your health and lose weight, simply drop processed foods from your life.