- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
11 Dangerous Toxins That Are Harming Your Thyroid
You may be thinking, “Weren’t these banned?” Yes, you would be right, these substances were banned in the 1970’s but they are still haunting our environment even today! PCB’s cause thyroid dysfunction and can even lead to insulin resistance. They also can affect your liver enzymes that regulate your thyroid hormones so they can be used by your body.
No, not the headlights on your car, we are referring to fluoride and chloride. Overexposure can lead to an interruption of the iodine transport. Fluoride suppress thyroid function and the dose needed to lower the functioning of the thyroid is quite low, just 2 to 5 mg per day. These halogens are absorbed through food, water, even the environment. Because their makeup is similar to iodine, these halogens occupy the iodine receptors in your body and make the natural iodine in your body ineffectual.
Dioxins are another chemical known to interrupt the endocrine system. This was one of the main ingredients in Agent Orange. Many people who served in Vietnam and were exposed to this chemical and now suffer from serious thyroid problems.
So many chemicals listed here, isn’t there? This one is used to make those non-stick pans, and food wrappers. Even with just moderate exposure, this chemical affects your thyroid function. A study done by the Environmental Health Perspective found that high concentrations of perfluorooctanoic acid are seen in the types of chronic thyroid conditions seen currently.
Continue to Page 3