- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
11 Dangerous Toxins That Are Harming Your Thyroid
Soy is another product that interrupts the normal functioning of the thyroid by hindering your body’s ability to use iodine. Infants who are fed soy formulas have a prolonged increase in the hormones that stimulate the thyroid. Soy is a GMO food, which adds another thing to consider (Read more about 6 easy ways to avoid eating GMO’s). Do GMO products interfere with thyroid function?
Plastics are hazardous to both the environment and your body. A chemical that leeches from plastic bottles, antimony, is just one concern. A study done at the University of Copenhagen found that the levels of antimony in juices that were stored in plastic bottles were more than 2.5 times higher than what is considered safe for tap water. BPA and phthalates have also been shown in studies to reduce thyroid function.
Studies show that more than 60 percent of pesticides can affect the thyroids production of hormones. Another study found that women who lived with men who used pesticides in their workplace were at a much higher risk of developing thyroid problems. Many weed killers and antifungal agents used on foods have been shown to lower the thyroid function as well as increase resistance to weight loss. Find out more 10 toxic products you can live without.
11. Flame Retardants
PBDE’s, more commonly known as flame retardants, have been found in more than one study to upset thyroid function. Flame retardants are found on more than just children’s pajamas. These are used in computer and television screens, carpet padding, even in the foam used in furniture. Flame retardants are found in much of the American population and have been shown in studies to cause behavioral as well as developmental problems.
Food can heal. Focus on foods that can nourish your thyroid and see if these natural foods can help your body counteracts the toxins that cause damage.
- Coconut oil can raise your body temperature and it plays an important role in thyroid health.
- Butter, with its plentiful supply of iodine and vitamin A, it not only nourishes your thyroid, but your entire body
- Cod liver oil is rich in the bioavailable vitamin A and is super supportive of a healthy thyroid.
- Eggs, like butter, are a good source of vitamin A and iodine. Getting enough natural amino acids through clean protein is extremely good for the health of your thyroid.