- The Brain – How Can We Ensure Successful Aging?
- DIY Easy Warming Oil For Stiff Or Sore Joints And Muscles (Better Than Tiger Balm)
- Top 10 Reasons to Drink Lemon and Warm Water
- 4 Harmful Skin Care Ingredients Infographic
- How Constant Distraction Is Harming Your Ability To Retain Information
- This One Spice Stops Heart Attacks, Restores Gut Bacteria, And Kills Cancer Cells!
- 4 Healthy Body And Soul Warming Recipes For Cold Winter Days (We Love #1!)
6 Easy Ways to Avoid Eating GMO’s
The American people’s awareness of GMO’s (genetically modified organisms) in their food is becoming more and more apparent every day. More and more people are asking the important question, “If there are no labeling requirements, how can I know if the food I am buying contains GMO’s”. In order to help you determine, and avoid, GMO’s here are the 6 top ways you can keep GMO’s out of your kitchen and out of your body as well.
1. Avoid the Number 8
Check your fruits and vegetables carefully. If the PLU code on your produce begins with the number 8, then don’t buy it. Look for those with a 5 digit number beginning with the number of 9, which indicates that it’s organic.
Produce that has only a 4 digit number are conventional, which means they aren’t necessarily GMO, but they are subjected to toxic chemicals and pesticides.
In short, the produce you must avoid will have a 5 digit number that begins with the number 8. All these items are GMO. Read more how to avoid GMO foods in a grocery store.