- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Best Herbs that Support Kidney Health
4. Couch Grass
Couch grass has been used traditionally to increase urine production and treat urinary tract infections. This herb is rich in volatile oils, polysaccharides, and other nutrients. Couch grass can even be used partially dissolve kidney stones. In fact, in one study performed in Italy, scientists found that when they combined the extract of couch grass with potassium, it was able to significantly reduce both the number and size of kidney stones among the control group.
Research has found what Native American tribes have known for hundreds of years: that goldenrod encourages the health of the urinary tract and that this herb is great for detoxifying the kidneys.
A little known herb in the West, but used in Traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years. The roots of this herb are steamed and used to fight various types of kidney disease. One study showed that rehmannia has protective effects on progressive renal failure by lowering angiotensin II.
Continue to Page 3