- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Cancer Causing Food Substitutes
11. Instead of Sugar or Artificial Sweeteners
In order to proliferate, cancer cells seem to prefer feeding on fructose-rich sweeteners like high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS); the reason is that HFCS is being metabolized by cancer cells most quickly and easily. Now it is clear why high-fructose corn syrup is considered the worst offender. And since cakes, pies, cookies, sodas, juices, sauces, cereals, and many other extremely popular, mostly processed, food items are loaded with refined sugars and HFCS in particular, this helps explain why cancer rates are on the rise these days.
There are many alternatives to using white, table sugar. Honey is the one most people think of right off. Be sure you are buying raw or unprocessed honey for the best health benefits. You can also use molasses. Molasses is loaded with vitamins and probably has the best source of nutrition among all sugar substitutes. Maple syrup is another good option. Not pancake syrup, but real maple syrup from trees. It’s more expensive but well worth the money nutrition wise.
If you are looking for a low calorie option, try Stevia. This is from the leaves of a plant grown in South America and is generally sold everywhere.