- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Easy Ways To Save Your Kidneys And Lower Creatinine Levels Naturally
4. Stinging Nettle
Stinging nettle is known to remove toxins and metabolic waste from the body. This herb is also a mild diuretic which helps to flush out the kidneys through a higher urine output. Of course we don’t expect you to eat stinging nettle plants right out of your yard, but drinking the tea from this herb is super healing. It will lower creatinine levels and improve your immunity at the same time. Please note that nettle can interfere with certain prescription drugs. Please consult with your doctor if you are taking any medication.
5. Barley Water
This is a natural kidney cleanser and also works as a mild diuretic. Barley water reduces blood urea nitrogen levels, and since it is rich in fiber, barley can help reduce blood sugar levels as well. To use this method, boil one cup of barley in 4 cups of water for 30 minutes. Strain and allow to cool until it is just warm. Drink this water each day. You can also replace the refined flour in your diet with some barley flour.
6. Dandelion Root
That weed out in your garden? Go pull it up! You are going to use it to make tea. OK, if you don’t have any dandelions, you can buy premade tea bags. This common weed is a powerful detoxifying agent that will flush out toxins and lower creatinine levels all at once. Dandelion root also improves overall kidney function. Drink a cup of dandelion root tea two or three times each day for 2 weeks.
Continue to Page 4