- 10 Super Relaxing and Cleansing Detox Bath Recipes (#5 is Luscious!)
- Top Tips On Maintaining Wellbeing Throughout The Winter
- Top Signs You Need To Do A Liver Detox (And Best Detox Foods List Included!)
- 10 Foods & 10 Ways You Can Efficiently Boost Your Metabolism
- 5 Natural Moisturizers You Can Use Instead Of Store-Bought Synthetics Video
- The Brain – How Can We Ensure Successful Aging?
- DIY Easy Warming Oil For Stiff Or Sore Joints And Muscles (Better Than Tiger Balm)
12 Herbal Remedies for Diabetes
Diabetes is a serious health condition that you simply can’t ignore. Although most diabetics need to be under a doctor’s care, there are some things you can do to help keep your condition in check and perhaps even be removed from medication. There are numerous herbs which contain healthful compounds that are very beneficial for those suffering from diabetes.
Take a look at the top 12 herbs that can help diabetics most. Always discuss the use of herbs with your doctor before beginning any program.
1. Guduchi (Amrit)
This herb has been traditionally used to help the body deal with stress and illnesses but extracts from the stem of this plant have also been found to inhibit an enzyme called alpha glucosidase, which breaks down glucose in the body. The inhibition of this enzyme can delay the digestion of carbs, thereby slowing the absorption of glucose. This means that many diabetics can avoid hyperglycemia.
You can buy this stem fresh and prepare it by washing a thumb sized piece and soak it in water overnight. The next morning, crush the stems and drain the water. You eat the starchy portion that is left in the bottom of the cup. You can also buy guduchi sattva supplements in a capsule form in most health food stores. Follow the label instructions for dosage amounts. Always be sure to buy organic items, whether fresh or supplements, and buy high-quality items. Your life may depend on it.