- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Herbal Remedies for Diabetes
Diabetes is a serious health condition that you simply can’t ignore. Although most diabetics need to be under a doctor’s care, there are some things you can do to help keep your condition in check and perhaps even be removed from medication. There are numerous herbs which contain healthful compounds that are very beneficial for those suffering from diabetes.
Take a look at the top 12 herbs that can help diabetics most. Always discuss the use of herbs with your doctor before beginning any program.
1. Guduchi (Amrit)
This herb has been traditionally used to help the body deal with stress and illnesses but extracts from the stem of this plant have also been found to inhibit an enzyme called alpha glucosidase, which breaks down glucose in the body. The inhibition of this enzyme can delay the digestion of carbs, thereby slowing the absorption of glucose. This means that many diabetics can avoid hyperglycemia.
You can buy this stem fresh and prepare it by washing a thumb sized piece and soak it in water overnight. The next morning, crush the stems and drain the water. You eat the starchy portion that is left in the bottom of the cup. You can also buy guduchi sattva supplements in a capsule form in most health food stores. Follow the label instructions for dosage amounts. Always be sure to buy organic items, whether fresh or supplements, and buy high-quality items. Your life may depend on it.