- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Herbs And Spices That Can Help You Lose Weight
Turmeric is a powerful spice in so many areas it is no wonder it is helpful in helping with weight loss goals. It plays a big part in improving the sensitivity of insulin and the amount of fat that can accumulate in the liver. Too much fat circulating in your system can impede your chances of shedding weight as it increases the resistance of insulin in your body. Turmeric has also been shown to lower the bodies resistance to leptin which is the hormone that tells us that we are full.
How to add it to your diet: Use a curcumin supplement that is 400-600mg three times a day. In foods, you can add it to scrambled eggs, mix it in soups, or sprinkle it over your roasted vegetables. It’s also great if you love curry.
Cinnamon has always been recommended for those with diabetes or those who are prediabetic. Cinnamon can bring your blood sugar levels down as well as lower your bad cholesterol (LDL) levels and raise your glucose metabolism up as much as 20 times.
How to add it to your diet: Add it to hot tea, oatmeal, and sprinkle it over candied yams.
Even though mustard is part of the cruciferous family – cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts – it is able to raise the rate of your metabolism up to 25 %. All it takes is just under a teaspoon of mustard seeds to help your body burn off up to 45 more calories every hour.
How to add it to your diet: Add mustard to your deli sandwich instead of mayonnaise and you can even add it to your egg salad to spice things up.
Continue to Page 3