- Is There A Correlation Between Creativity And Not Socializing?
- 3 Excellent ‘Because’ To Why Sprouted Grains Are Good For You
- 7 Healthy And Easy To Make Salads For Each Day Of Your Week Video
- The Science Of Alcohol Addiction
- Hunger Scale And Guide To Mindful Eating Infographic
- Bountiful Year: What To Eat, When To Eat It Infographic
- Healthy Food Substitutions For A Guilt-Free Diet Infographic
12 Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Canker Sores
Canker sores, known to your doctor and dentist as aphthous stomatitis, are mysterious sores inside the mouth that give almost everyone problems at one time or another. Why are they mysterious? Because scientists and doctors don’t really know exactly what causes painful sores inside your mouth, although it appears that biting your cheek or the inside of your lip, genetics, a malfunctioning immune system, stress, even braces rubbing on the inside of your mouth, all seem to be contributing factors.
Canker sores start as a red patch of skin and become increasingly inflamed and painful. They usually develop a yellow-ish or white spot on the middle. Usually there isn’t much you can do about them. If you ask your doctor, they generally just tell you to wait them out, they will go away on their own in 7 to 10 days. Wait just a minute! 7 to 10 days?! These hurt too much to wait that long!
Well, there are a few home remedies that can help you to ease some of the pain while you wait. Take a look at our top 12 all natural remedies to deal with canker sores.
1. Onion Remedy
This sounds super strange, but this remedy really works well. It might feel a bit uncomfortable at first, but this onion remedy will not only help stop the pain, but it helps the sore heal more quickly.
Place a slice of onion on your canker sore and let it sit there for about 15 minutes. You might feel some stinging, but this is normal and will pass in a minute. Spit out the onion and rinse your mouth with cool water. Do this every day until the sore heals.