- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Natural Solutions for Stiff or Frozen Joints
4. Olive Oil
Olive oil can be used a great massage oil. Heat a bit of olive oil in the microwave or stove, then add a few drops of lavender oil and mix well. Once this oil mixture has cooled, you can use it to massage the affected joints. Olive oil helps to prevent the production of pro-inflammatory COX-1 and Cox-2 enzymes, which trigger inflammation in the body.
5. Honey with Cinnamon
This almost sounds like the beginning of a nice cookie recipe, but this combination is actually a great way to help relax the stiff muscles surrounding the joints. Honey is a natural antiseptic and cinnamon is a powerful anti-inflammatory and has strong antioxidant compounds. Mix a half a teaspoon of cinnamon with one tablespoon of raw, organic honey. Eat this every morning on an empty stomach for two or three weeks. You should see encouraging results after this short period of time.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
You might have heard a lot of talk lately about the healing powers of apple cider vinegar. Everything you heard is probably true. Apple cider vinegar is known to have alkaline forming compounds that reduce joint stiffness. It’s also a natural anti-inflammatory substance.
First, mix a tablespoon of such vinegar, preferably organic, and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of warm water and drink this every morning on an empty stomach.
Next, you can mix half of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper with warm apple cider vinegar. Soak a cloth in this solution and apply it to the affected joint until it cools (takes about a quarter of an hour), and then wash it off. Repeat these two procedures every day until you get the desired results.
Continue to Page 3