- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Natural Ways To Stop Constipation In Infants (#5 Is Super Easy!)
6. Offer High Fiber Foods
Fiber helps to relieve constipation and encourage regular bowel movements by drawing water to them. If your baby has started eating solid food, offer them a few high fiber foods such as skinless apples, broccoli, peaches, pears, raw carrots, sweet potatoes, beans, apricots and peas. You can boil these foods or puree them a bit to make them easy to eat. You can also start offering your baby small amounts of cooked whole grains such as quinoa, oats, and barley.
7. Warm Bath
When your baby is constipated, a warm bath can help to relax your baby, bring relief from gas pains, and help to move things along. You can even give your baby a little tummy massage after their bath to encourage bowel movements and help them to sleep better.
8. Brown Sugar
Brown sugar also works well to help soften the stools so your baby can relieve themselves quickly and regularly. Boil two or three tablespoons of water, then dissolve half a teaspoon of brown sugar in the water. Allow the water to cool completely, and then give this solution to your baby before each meal to encourage healthy bowel movements.
Continue to Page 4