- The Potato: Nutritional Facts About The World’s Tastiest Vegetable Infographic
- The 4 Food Groups That Will Save Your Eyesight! (You’ll Be Amazed By #4!)
- 3 Effective Home Remedies For Kidney Stones
- Improve Your Intelligence, Detox, Fight Cancer, And More With This 1 Drink
- 7 Harmful Ingredients You May Be Eating Every Day Without Even Realizing It
- These Herbal Remedies Will Help You Get A Great Night’s Sleep!
- Do You Have A Salt Tooth?
13 Fact-Sounding Food Myths You May Still Believe In!
Food myths cuts across nations and sets of people, and what may be a food myth in a particular society may not be termed as something serious to reckon with in another society (Never try any of those wine myths with the Italians or French!). Here we suggest a number of the most fact-sounding food myths you may not have heard before.
1. Eating raw carrots is more nutritious.
Using the sentiments that a food or vegetable that hasn’t been touched by heat has more retained nutrients in them is common. However, this is not so about carrots, as the fact about carrots being a veggie is that, the nutrients are more released when cooked. To be more exact, cooked carrots release more beta carotene which will benefit the body.
2. You can only lose weight by forfeiting your favorite foods.
This is one of the food myths. It is not uncommon from observation that few people have self-control when doing things they have high pleasure in. The world is filled with people that have low restraint when carrying out pleasurable activities even at the sight of danger. It is no wonder that some get addicted to alcohol, caffeine, and drugs. It is also possible to get addicted to some foods, and consume them beyond the normal intake. Moderation in eating is well able to help us check weight-gain even though we are eating our favorite foods.
3. Calories can be saved when margarine is used instead of butter.
Both margarine and butter have about the same amount of calories. Even though margarine was created as an alternative and healthier food to butter because of its vegetable fats, be informed that some margarines have trans-fat which are unhealthier and have more harmful effects on the heart than butter. Eating trans-fat free margarines is better in a diet.
Continue to Page 2