- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
13 Fact-Sounding Food Myths You May Still Believe In!
4. Nuts can be as bad as junk food.
Since nuts can be seen as natural snacks, some believe that they are as bad as the everyday junk foods. Note that nuts are rich in proteins and some nutrients. Nuts have the ability to prevent heart diseases and type 2 diabetes, thus, encouraging our good health.
5. Minimal alcohol intake can induce night sleep.
Well this is not the case with everybody, as each person’s level of endurance and absorption differs. Taking alcohol before sleep may get you disturbed and make you a night watch by being unable to sleep. You may even get a headache. There are dozens of choices to opt for in a healthier way to deal with your insomnia.
6. Milk mustn’t be drunk when you have a cold.
There is no truth in the food myths that say milk produces more mucus in a person that has a cold. Milk is good for the body for its rich nutrients. You may want to drink it warm if you feel uncomfortable with its coolness.
7. You can get an ulcer from spicy foods.
Spices are not triggers for an ulcer. What spices can induce is to cause an irritable bowel, which some may mistake for ulcer.
8. You have to spend more time in the kitchen if you want healthier food.
Just because you aren’t preparing your own food does not mean the richness of your food in nutrients must suffer. What you need to understand here is that you have to be informed and knowledgeable about foods and diets, so when you are away from home or you find yourself in a restaurant, you know the right choices of foods to pick.
9. You should mostly go for salad in a restaurant.
This is one of the food myths that suggests you go vegan outside your home. Salads are good, but note that restaurants do some cream dressings on the salad for the purpose of good food presentation, which are mostly fat filled and unhealthy. So, you may want to go for the real deal in food, and eat that which you know benefits you.
Continue to Page 3