- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Effective Ways To Treat Herpes Outbreaks (#8 Is Kinda Cool!)
This is a common remedy for cold sores that most people find is quite effective. Cut an organic lemon into halves and place the open part of the lemon directly on the sore. It might burn for a minute, but it will soon subside. Using lemon will help to relieve the itching and pain. You can use this method as often as you like throughout the day. Lemon is most effective when used at the start of an outbreak.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is another useful remedy when fighting herpes outbreaks. Many people find that this oil is a bit strong for use directly on the genitals, so mix it with a bit of olive oil or coconut oil first. You can apply this same solution to sores on the lips. For sores inside the mouth, add three drops of tea tree oil to a glass of water and gargle three times each day for quick healing. Do not swallow tea tree oil!
6. Black Tea Bags
Black tea can be quite effective in helping to heal sores on the mouth and lips. Soak a black tea bag in hot water for a few minutes. Remove the bag and cool until it is slightly warm. You can apply the tea bag to the affected area, or dip a cotton ball or cotton cloth in the tea and apply that to the affected areas. Black tea has powerful anti-viral compounds that can help fight back against the herpes virus.
Continue to Page 3