- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Healthy Habits To Begin In 2017
3. Continue to set goals and revise them as you reach them
Setting goals is only effective if you make them attainable. You may want to lose 10 pounds a week but if you think that is going to happen you are setting yourself up for failure. As you reach each goal treat yourself to a reward that will stand as a reminder of your success.
4. Make sure you include protein for breakfast
Protein is a food group that keeps your blood sugar levels even. Foods in this group also are able to keep you feeling fuller longer so you won’t be so apt to poke around in the fridge where you may grab something to eat that you shouldn’t.
5. Eat more fiber
High fiber bread, whole wheat pasta, and fresh berries are all good ways to add fiber to your diet. And just like protein, you will find that you are full longer.
6. Get a good rest consisting of 7 to 8 hours every night
A good night’s sleep is what helps our body recharge so it is ready to take on new challenges each morning. Do everything you can to unwind at night and try to get your mind calmed down. Put on soft music or try a white noise machine.
7. Cut down as much as you can on sugar and sugar substitutes
The thing about sugar is the more of it you intake, the more of it you want. On the bright side, once you begin to cut down, you’ll want less sugary foods. Be careful which artificial sweeteners you may be using. They are just keeping you in the sugar mode and most are worse for you than real sugar.
Continue to Page 3