- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Natural Remedies for Acid Reflux and Ulcers
Natural foods ad probiotics
The ultimate answer to reflux and heartburn is to restore your gastric function to its normal balanced state. When you eat large amounts of processed foods and sugar, you are simply asking for acid reflux, as this upsets the natural bacterial balance of your stomach and intestines.
Instead, eat plenty of fresh, organic vegetables and other high-quality, unprocessed foods. Also, remove all food related triggers from your diet, including caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine.
Now you need plenty of beneficial bacteria in your diet. This will aid in proper digestion, as well as eliminating the H. Pylori bacteria naturally, without the use of antibiotics. Get these probiotics from fermented foods. If you don’t eat enough fermented foods, you will need to get your probiotics from a supplement. Eat plenty of fermented vegetables, chutneys, yogurt, sour cream, kefir, and fish such as mackerel.
Low Acid Production
As we stated earlier, low acid is what actually causes heartburn, so you want to encourage your body to make more stomach acid.
High quality sea salt, which is an unprocessed salt, or Himalayan salt, will give your body the chloride it needs to make hydrochloric acid (stomach acid). Eating sauerkraut or cabbage juice is also another great stimulant that will encourage your body to make more stomach acid. Just a few tablespoons of the juice from sauerkraut before eating will work wonders for your digestion. Read more about sauerkraut and its benefits.
Besides addressing your daily diet there are other methods that will also help get that heartburn under control, without the use of medication. Here is a list of 15 natural remedies for heartburn and acid reflux.
- Raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water daily solves many stomach disorders.
- Betaine – This is a supplement available at most health food stores without a prescription.
- Baking soda – one teaspoon dissolved in 8 ounces of water eases most heartburn.
- Aloe juice – This is a great way to naturally reduce inflammation. Drink ½ of a cup before each meal.
- Ginger root or chamomile tea – Ginger has been found to block acid production. Add two or three slices of fresh ginger root to two cups of hot water and let this sit for about 30 minutes. Drink 20 minutes before eating. Chamomile tea can help soothe the stomach and helps you sleep. Try a cup before bedtime.
- Vitamin D – Increasing your intake of vitamin D will help with so many problems. Get yours via the sun or a safe tanning bed. Another option is to take oral vitamin D3 and a vitamin K2 supplement.
- Astaxanthin – 40 mg’s daily work great for those with acid reflux.
- Slippery elm – This herb coats and soothes the mouth, throat, stomach and intestines. This is also good for those suffering from inflammatory bowel problems. Take 500 mg 3 to 4 times a day for 6-8 weeks. Or you can drink a cup of tea before every meal.
- Chinese herbs for the treatment of “Gu” – You can read more about how to use these herbs online.
- Glutamine – This is a natural amino acid found in many foods such a beef, dairy, and eggs, or you can always take this as a supplement.
- Folate or Folic acid (B9) – A study done in 2009 showed that higher levels of B vitamins reduced levels of acid reflux by 40 percent. Raise you folate levels by eating more liver, spinach, beans, okra, and asparagus.
You really don’t need drugs to get rid of acid reflux. By restoring your natural gastric balance, you can improve your overall health as well as rid yourself of acid reflux for good.
Nov 11, 2016 at 11:25 pm
These articles are so deviously entertwined with bull shit. I really shut it down before the point is reached. You folks need to reduce the trash on these pages.