- Nourishing And Moisturizing Tropical Mango Body Butter Souffle Recipe Video
- 5 Easy Vegan Ice Cream Recipes For Summertime Video
- The Beginner’s Guide To Zero Waste Living Video
- Your First Aid Kit – Herbal Essentials Infographic
- Looking Beautiful Without Makeup? Here Is How Video
- Roasted Beet Hummus – Is It Better Than The Original? Video
- Evening Habits That Are Ruining Your Sleep Video
Top 5 Fermented Foods You Should be Eating Now
You might be reading this just to find out:
- What exactly is a fermented food?
- Why should I eat them?
Don’t feel left out, many people ask these questions. You probably do know what a fermented food is, just by a different name. Many people call it pickled or pickling. When you see the list of foods you will most likely recognize many of them as they have been eaten around the world for centuries.
So now you want to know why you should eat them, what’s in it for you? Besides tasting great, you mean? Well, fermented food and drinks add good bacteria to your digestive track and balance the good and bad bacteria that live in everyone’s gut. You will be able to absorb the nutrients from the food you eat in more efficient manner as well. Fermented foods are generally inexpensive and keep for months, naturally, without any added artificial anything. Find also 7 main superfoods.
Now that you know all the good things fermented foods can do for you, here is a list of the top 5 fermented foods you should be eating for your health.
Perhaps the best known in the world of fermented foods. Pickles are just packed full of enzymes and good bacterial cultures. Be sure you get lacto-fermented pickles, not the type made with vinegar.
Lacto-fermented pickles are usually found in the refrigerated section of your supermarket. Although you probably can’t tell the difference in taste, there is a huge difference in the benefits to your health.
Don’t be shy, either, drink the juice right from the bottle when the pickles are gone!