- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Natural Ways to Stop Migraine Headaches (We Love #9)
Peppermint is a natural anti-inflammatory that helps soothe the nerves. It also is a natural antispasmodic. The International Journal of Neuroscience published a study in 2008 which found that just smelling this herb created feelings associated with headache relief. Drink one or two cups of peppermint tea sweetened with honey each day and at the very first sign that you might be coming down with a migraine. You can also massage your temples with one drop of peppermint essential oil for 20 minutes when you first feel the migraine start.
Butterbur has been used for hundreds of years to stop pain and lower fevers. Today, butterbur is widely recommended to prevent migraines. Butterbur has powerful anti-inflammatory compounds that can ease headaches, even migraine pain. Always choose a quality brand from a company with a good reputation as cheaper imports have been shown to contain pesticides or, in some cases, no actual butterbur at all.
6. Cayenne Pepper
It might seem strange how something so hot can ease migraine pain but that is exactly why this works. Cayenne pepper stimulates and increases circulation, as well as containing capsaicin, a substance that is a well-known painkiller. You can simply mix one half teaspoon of cayenne pepper into your favorite herbal tea and drink at the first sign of a migraine.
Continue to Page 3