- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Super Foods That Will Keep Your Brain And Memory Razor Sharp
The debate over whether a tomato is a vegetable or a fruit seems to extend to the Internet. It doesn’t matter which category it falls into, the most important thing is that it is brimming with lycopene which is an effective antioxidant. People who eat lots of tomatoes have been found to have a reduced chance of getting Alzheimer’s disease. Try a tomato and cucumber salad or a big bowl of pasta with a marinara sauce.
4. Dark chocolate
Before you reach for that candy bar you should know that the only chocolate that helps your brain is dark chocolate. Not only does the chocolate have to be dark, it has to consist of a minimum of 70 percent cocoa. Dark chocolate that meets these requirements has anti-inflammatory properties that will help to keep blood pressure down and increase the amount of blood flowing to the heart and the brain. Try a dark chocolate candy bar or brownies made with dark cocoa.
If you have a planned activity where you need your memory to be especially sharp, make sure you include a healthy serving of broccoli ahead of time. The levels of choline and vitamin K that broccoli contains helps to keep your memory sharp. Try fresh broccoli with a dip or broccoli cheese soup.
Continue to Page 3