- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
16 Healthiest Foods to Stock in Your Kitchen Year Around
2. Sunflower Seeds
Perhaps one of the easiest ways to improve your nutrition is to add sprouted seeds to your salads or to your vegetable juice smoothies. Although it’s easy to sprout a wide variety seeds, sunflower seeds are a great choice because they are easy to find, easy to sprout, and are full of nutrition. You can always eat the seeds themselves, or you can go the sprout route!
Sprouts have more than 30 times the nutrient of the seeds themselves. Sprouts also have important enzymes, as much as 100 times more enzymes than raw fruits and veggies.
Sprouts are perhaps the ultimate locally grown food that you can grow in your own kitchen if you don’t have much yard space. They are also extremely cheap, so price is no excuse for not growing them. There are numerous websites that can give you tips for growing sprouts in jars or small trays along with the nutritional breakdown of all types of different seeds.