- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
20 Things You Never Imagined You Could Do With A Cucumber (#12 is Shocking!)
5. Removes Dark Spots
Cucumber has mild bleaching properties when applied to the skin. Although lemons will bleach the skin faster, their high acid levels bother many people, especially those with sensitive skin. Crush some cucumber into a pulp, and apply it to the areas of skin you wish to lighten. Allow it to sit for a few minutes, and then rinse with clear water. Do this daily until you get the results you want.
6. Caffeine Substitute
If you are trying to cut out caffeine but you are left feeling tired and washed out, try substituting a cucumber. Cucumber has a small amount of carbohydrates and plenty of B vitamins that can help revive and refresh you when you having an energy slump. Put one in a smoothie or simply nosh on a fresh one for a simple energy boost.
If you want to stop your bathroom mirror from fogging up while you shower, simply rub a cucumber over it before you hop in the shower. Who knew?
8. Anti-Cancer Compounds
Cucumbers contain three lignans, secoisolariciresinol, pinoresinol, and lariciresinol, which have been shown to reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer. In particular, these include colon cancer, ovarian cancer, and breast cancer. When we consume cucumbers, the bacteria in the digestive system takes hold of the lignans and change them into enterolignans, which bind to the estrogen receptors to reduce estrogen-related cancers.
Continue to Page 3